It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Confusion with Discounts and Voucher

Confusion with Discounts and Voucher
Trainee
Trainee

Post Confusion with Discounts and Voucher
Hi,
I read in the Mike Myers book that no one should pay full price for the A+ exam, and have also heard that you can buy discount vouchers that are close to expiring. However, I also read that CompTIA instituted new guidelines and that the most a person can save is about $20.

Here is what I want to do: Buy two vouchers for both exams to take them both on the same day. Can anyone offer any suggestions on what they may have paid to take both exams, and also, if discount vouchers that are close to expiring are still available, where would be the best place to look?

It's confusing to me because I see so many companies offering discounts and this and that and the other when I do an online search. I just want to make sure I get the best deal.

Thanks!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:12 am

Post Re: Confusion with Discounts and Voucher
I paid full price for my exams. Even though I bought Mike Meyer's book, as I'm in the UK, the vouchers were not much use to me. I paid £114 +VAT for each A+ exam; not sure what that ammounts to in $.

Like you, I saw loads of companies selling vouchers online, but the discounts were not much at all, and I would rather be on the safe side and buy my exams straight from the testing centre than take the chance on buying something that could turn out to be useless just to save a couple of quid.

That might just be me being pessimistic though.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:37 am
Trainee
Trainee

So you're saying that you bought the book, and it came with the vouchers?

I read that CompTIA has changed things so that companies who do sell vouchers must also bundle them with study guides, software, etc. of some sort, which has made the discounts not amount to much now.

That's why I was asking if your book came with the vouchers. Thanks for responding though. I appreciate it.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:01 pm
Expert Member
Expert Member

Homie,

I went on Ebay for my best voucher discount as wierd as that was!
I found a university that offered their school vouchers and purchased a copy,

I did by both for a prometric center and scheduled my tests 24 hours apart.

JK0-701 | JK0-702

It's an educational version that of course is discounted and you register for the test with a voucher # instead of paying... you're probably wondering, so how much did i save..well it came out to 56 bucks.

Better then nothing for both since I'm sure the teacher selling them on Ebay made a nice penny too. It was a very easy thing to setup, got the vouchers very fast after i did the buy now option on Ebay from the institute.

It's all about registering for the test. The other stuff you can work out later. Trust me.

I would have no fear and just find the best deal, the vouchers that are close to the test, I'd only get those if you can commit to those, you won't lose the money if you pay for them and register an exam asap.

That's all I can say for this. But when i got certification,on Comptia, it'll show your exams as JK0-701|702 instead of 220-701|702.

It's the same thing though,you still get the A+ verification #.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:38 pm