I. Information Collection
Personally Identifiable Information
- At various locations on our Website, we may request that you supply us with “Personally Identifiable Information,” (“PII”). You will always know when we are collecting PII because we only collect PII when you voluntarily submit it to us.
- If you choose to purchase our products, we will collect PII from you, including PII such as your name, email address, mailing and shipping addresses, home or work telephone number, and/or credit card information. During the purchase process, your entire credit card number is transmitted to the credit card company for order processing. Once the transaction is complete with your credit card company, your credit card information is not retained by the Website, or Messer Studios.
- If you choose to contact us by commenting on our Website or posting in our forums, we will collect PII from you, including PII such as your first and last name, your email address, your IP address, and any other PII you provide in your comment or post.
- If you choose to contact us by sending us an email, we will collect PII from you, including PII such as your first and last name, your email address, and any other PII you provide in the content of your communication to us.
- If you choose to subscribe to our feed or join our email list, we will collect PII from you, including PII such as your first and last name and your email address.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- When you use the Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or online service (“Log Data”). This PII is IP Protocol address, browser type, the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Website and information you search for on the Website. Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We may use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login password for future logins to the Website. We also may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Website, to better understand how you interact with the Website and to monitor web traffic routing on the Website and aggregate usage of the Website. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Website or all functionality of the Website.
II. How We Use Information
Personally Identifiable Information
- If you choose to purchase our products, we may use the PII you provide us, including your name, email address, mailing and shipping addresses, home or work telephone number, and/or credit card information to provide the product you requested.
- If you choose to comment on the Website, post in our forums, or otherwise contact us, we may use the PII you provide us, including your name, email address, and the content of your communication in order to consider and, as appropriate, reply to your communication, respond to your request, or contact you later.
- If you choose to subscribe to our feed or join our email list, we may use the PII you provide us, including your name and email address, in order to provide the requested service.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
III. Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We may share your PII with authorized third-parties, agents, or contractors in order to provide a requested product, service or transaction. For example, if we wish to join our email list, we must share your name and email address with the company which administers this service for us.
- We may also share Non-Personal Information and Log Data (“Aggregate Information”) and PII with third party service providers to facilitate the Website, to provide the Website on our behalf, to perform services related to administration of the Website (including, without limitation, maintenance, hosting and data center management services, web analytics and administration). These third parties have access to your PII only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Messer Studios cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Professor Messer or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
Messer Studios may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including Aggregate Information and your PII, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
IV. Access and Corrections to Personally Identifiable Information
You may contact us at any time via the Contact Us link on our site to request any of the following: (1) learn what PII is held about you, if any, (2) change or correct any PII we have about you, (3) instruct us to delete any PII we have about you, and (4) express any concern you have about our use of your PII.
After receiving a request to change or correct your PII, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that all of your PII stored in databases we actively use will be updated as soon as reasonably practicable. However, we reserve the right to retain in our archival files any information we remove from or change in our active website databases. In addition, it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us. A copy of your PII may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate.
V. Links to Other Sites
VI. Our Policy Toward Children
Messer Studios does not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with PII without their consent, he or she should contact us via the Contact Us link on this site. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with PII, we will endeavor to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Messer Studios is concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. However, there is always some risk in transmitting information electronically. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
VIII. International Transfer
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Messer Studios. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or any other PII in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
X. Contacting Us