What is the name of this device?

You’ve removed the cover of your computer to examine the CPU, but you can’t see anything because of the large metal block attached to the top of the chip. The metal block is flat where it attaches to the CPU and has long thin fins that extend away from the processor. What is this odd looking piece of metal called?